tiistai 1. heinäkuuta 2014

Getting started...

So what's all this about? Just another blog about literature?

Yes, that exactly what I'm planning. Right now I'm collecting a list of books recommended for me. When that's done, I'll start reading the books and writing about them. So if you know an absolutely awesome book, please let me know by commenting to this post! I would love to read it. I am trying to get a list of books I've not yet read, but hey, some books are lovely to re-read - and re-reading some is like giving them a second chance, not all books are amazing at the first time.

Right now I feel like writing in English, which has to do with my interest in Instagram - as I've had some interesting discussions in a place I've called the anti-social media (oh how wrong I've been!), I would love that some of these people would also have the chance to read this blog. However, my native language is Finnish and I also love Swedish (and should practice it...) so occasionally you might run into these languages as well.

I will publish the book list immediately when it's ready and then start reading asap. It might, however, take a while, so you can follow my current readings in Goodreads (Minea) and/ or in Instagram (@kiertolainen). Note that my Instagram account also has dozens of pictures of my cats, lionhead rabbit and all kinds of random stuff in addition to book covers and challenges.

Now it's raining outside so I think I'll just sit by the window and continue reading The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.



2 kommenttia:

  1. Toby Lolness

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Alone

    So obviously French, daring and gritty for a children's novel (reminding me of The Grand Old Times), and leaves room for analysis despite its rather obvious statement. Surprised, I was, by this book once I got down to read it.

    Did it in Finnish, but I suppose it's been translated into plenty of languages. Also, relatively new, which makes its discourse more interesting IMO!

    VastaaPoista